The Medical Review Officer (MRO) is crucial to a drug testing program. Medical review of drug test results protects both the employee and the employer from the liabilities inherent in any drug-testing program. The integrity of a testing program depends on its fairness and accuracy: no individual should incorrectly be labeled a substance abuser with an erroneous positive drug test. The Medical Review Officer (MRO) plays a central role in ensuring that this does not happen.
LGS Drug Testing, under the direction of David Nahin MD, employs experienced MROs that are certified by the American Association of Medical Review Officers (AAMRO). Every individual who has a positive lab result has an opportunity to speak with an MRO before a report is made to the company. David Nahin MD has been a Certified Medical Review Officer for more than 6 years and is a member in good standing of the AAMRO.
After interviewing the donor, the MRO may deem it necessary to consult with laboratory or collection site officials, refer the case to a local physician for a face-to-face interview or even a physical examination, and/or order a retest of the original specimen. At the end of this process, the MRO will either determine that the result is scientifically accurate, lacks legitimate medical explanation, and report the result as positive; or determine that a legitimate medical explanation exists, substantiate and document that explanation, and report the result as negative.
The MRO’s Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review all information on the specimen Custody and Control Form (CCF) and determine if the information is forensically and scientifically supportable
- Interview the donor when required
- Make a determination regarding the test result
- Report the verified result to the employer
- Maintain records and ensure confidentiality of the information
Drug Test Results and Questions:
- David Nahin MD -MRO9501 Northfield Blvd.Denver, CO 80238
- Tel: (877) 585-7366
- Fax: (303) 595-5263
- Email – email@example.com
- Website: i3screen.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates or Changes to i3 Account: